I want so desperately to like Ruby Sparks because I have a weirdo crush on both Paul Dano and Zoe Kazan, but the entire plot - angsty young man loses his way, angsty young man writes a story, angsty young man falls in love with female character of his own creation, OH SURPRISE! now she’s here and they can fall in love and man is no longer angsty and girl is perfect because she’s been created by her hubby - could not be more illustrative of the Manic Pixie Dream Girl trend. The ultimate in putting women on a pedestal. Thanks but no.
- likeimdevastated reblogged this from feathersonaflume and added:
- feathersonaflume reblogged this from lullabysounds and added:
- feathersonaflume likes this
- basementmanners likes this
- lullabysounds reblogged this from likeimdevastated and added:
- bombassfaeryspell reblogged this from likeimdevastated
- amykywong likes this
- infinitegoofs said: See I feel exaaaactly the same way but apparently it’s tolerable/self-aware because Zoe Kazan wrote the screenplay?
- likeimdevastated posted this